COMMENT: Our readers are cautioned that numerous anti-US and Western nation protests and demonstrations have spread throughout the Muslim world today (September 21), accounting for the deaths of roughly 47 people.
As a result, the following suggestions are offered:
1. Ensure that you have already electronically registered your travel and contact information with the US Department of State or your appropriate Foreign Ministry;
2. Avoid visits to your respective embassy or consulate;
3. Avoid wearing any apparel, flags or logos that identify what country you are from;
4. Avoid ALL public gatherings no matter how peaceful they appear to be; and
5. Consider remaining in your hotel if violent demonstrations have been reported in the city in which you are traveling or living in.