Thursday, February 13, 2014

Tip of the Day: Never Carry a Laptop, E-Tablet Under Your Arm, In An Open Tote Bag on a Crowded Flight

I'm sure that many of our readers have seen all too often airline passengers carrying a laptop or electronic tablet under their arm while boarding a flight, or equally worse, transporting a laptop or e-tablet in an open tote bag which could easily slide down the aisle, resulting in serious damage or inoperability.

I hope that I'm not stepping on any sensitive toes, but I strongly appeal to all airline passengers to NOT carry their laptop under their arm or in a vulnerable, open tote bag. 

Some years ago, when I was shuttling back and forth to Cyprus from Washington, I innocently left my computer bag in the overhead compartment so I could have more leg room on a half-empty flight.

After settling into my seat, I quickly fell asleep, only to have other passengers move my carry-on too vigorously, resulting in a cracked laptop screen. 

Needless to say, I'll never do that again,  even I have to have my knees under my chin.

Oh yes, one final thing: If you are a frequent flyer, do consider obtaining international insurance for your digital camera, iPod Touch, laptop, MP3-4 player and peripherals through:

http://www.safeware.com