Monday, July 7, 2014

Libya: Update--Two of Three Kidnap Victims Found Alive, Italian Hostage Still Missing

According to The Associated Press, Macedonia's Foreign Ministry says two of the three construction workers kidnapped early Saturday (July 5) in a town near Tripoli have been found alive by Libyan authorities.

It says a Macedonian national and a Bosnian were both found by Libyan authorities on Monday (July 7).

On Sunday (July 6), the Italian Foreign Ministry confirmed that Marco Vallisa, 53, had been kidnapped on Saturday in the western town of Zuwara, near the Tunisian border.

COMMENT: The Foreign Ministry said the Macedonian, identified as 29-year-old Miljazim Gafuri, was found by Libyan authorities along with the Bosnian engineer.

On Sunday, the Italian Foreign Ministry confirmed that Marco Vallisa, 53, had been kidnapped on Saturday in the western town of Zuwara, near the Tunisian border, and remains missing.

This report will be updated as new information becomes available.