Friday, September 12, 2014

Tip of the Day: DON'T Purchase a LARGE Sum of Foreign Currency Before Leaving Home

I fully realize that I've advised our readers in the past to purchase some foreign currency before leaving home, yet I would like to discourage viewers from purchasing a large amount of foreign currency.

Specifically, I urge all readers to purchase no more than $100 in foreign currency before leaving home. 

Now, if you're purchasing US dollars, euros or other hard currencies that's one thing, but if you're purchasing a currency that is only available in one country, my advice is "don't get stuck holding the bag."

Unfortunately, most companies that sell foreign currency at airports worldwide make money the larger the amount of foreign currency you purchase.

The underlying motivation of this qualifying statement is that I really don't want travelers carrying around a large sum of any currency.

As most of our readers know, I tend to discourage carrying around any amount of cash greater than $100, simply because criminals and predators can be found in all countries.

If any of our readers have questions on this topic, I can be reached at:

ed@sbrisksolutions.com