Saturday, October 11, 2014

Indiana: Newlyweds, 54 and 50, Respectively, Both Die in Murder, Suicide on Wedding Night

According to Reuters, an Indiana anesthesiologist and his wife died hours after their wedding in a murder-suicide that authorities said on Thursday (October 2) appeared to be the result of some form of a dispute at the couple's reception.
George Samson, 54, married Kelly Ecker Samson, 50, a nurse, on Saturday night (October 4); the newlyweds were found shot dead at Samson's home outside Terre Haute, IN, early on Sunday (October 5).
"At this time we have no reason to believe this was anything but a murder-suicide as a result of a domestic dispute," Vigo County Chief Deputy Sheriff Clark Cottom said.
Kelly Ecker Samson called 911 four times early on Sunday (October 5) and said she was being threatened by her new husband, Cottom said.
COMMENT: If there is any lesson to be learned from this very bizarre and violent interaction between two newlyweds so soon after taking their vows, it is that all prospective brides and grooms should critically assess the quirks, idiosyncrasies and emotional health and behavior of those they intend to spend the rest of their life with before even contemplating marriage.

Indeed, it is unknown as to how long the Samsons had know each other, but it obviously was not long enough.
Emotional health is such a critical component between a married couple or even significant others. Even if it takes years to fully understand a man or woman's psyche, it is always beneficial to wait until both parties are absolutely "sure."
What is also seemingly peculiar is that Kelly Samson was forced to call 911 FOUR times before uniformed officers responded to their residence. The delayed response could very well have made the difference in the demise of  husband and wife.
Dispatchers heard screams and multiple gunshots during the fourth call and deputies found Kelly dead in a bedroom with wounds to her head and chest, Cottom said. 
George Samson was found dead later in the basement with what an autopsy determined was a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head, he said.
Cottom said investigators were still interviewing people who attended the wedding reception and a gathering of about a dozen people afterward at Samson's house. The last person left the gathering minutes before Kelly Ecker Samson's first 911 call.
A guest at the reception told investigators George Samson got irritated at the end of the event and left without his wife.
This report will be updated as new information becomes available.

No comments: